Frequently Asked Questions
• What is the phone number and fax number?
Our phone number is (813)870-4182 and the fax number is (813) 872- 1584.
• What are the center hours?
The center hours are from 6:00 am to 8:00 pm for hospital employees and from 6:30 am to 6:00 pm for community families.
• Where are you located?
The center is located on the St. Joseph’s Hospital campus at 3001 W. Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard.
• Do I have to bring an original immunization card (blue card) and physical (yellow form)?
No, they can be a copy or fax.
• What happens if I do not have a copy of my blue and/or yellow card?
You will have 30 days to bring in your child’s health records.
• Will the center provide lunch for my child?
Yes, lunches are provided by the hospital.
• Will I need to provide snacks for my child?
No, we will provide nutritious snacks for the children.
• How much do I pay when my child attends the center?
Tuition varies depending on the age of the child – you may contact the center for specific rates.
• Can I visit my child during the day?
• Can I call to check on my child during the day?
• What happens if my child gets sick while at the center?
You will be notified immediately and if there is a spot at the Comfort Cottage, you may move them. If not, you will be asked to come and pick up your child.
• What do I bring with my child?
All personal items such as diapers, wipes, bottles, blankets, changes of clothes are needed. Please label all items that are brought to the center.
• What happens if my child wakes up in the middle of the night sick?
Call the Comfort Cottage and leave a message for the LPN. She will arrive at 6:00 am and return phone calls. Please wait for a confirmation phone call before coming to the Comfort Cottage.